Last Updated: 18 April 2018
OPICO Limited (referred to in this policy as "we" or “us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and the security of your personal information.
WHAT THIS POLICY COVERS
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be used by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
By visiting http://www.opico.co.uk OR http://products.opico.co.uk OR http://www.he-va.co.uk OR http://www.sky-agriculture.co.uk OR http://www.strautmann.co.uk OR http://www.maschiogaspardo.co.uk, http://www.maschio.co.uk OR http://www.gaspardo.co.uk OR https://files.opico.co.uk (“our Websites”) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
OPICO Limited of Cherry Holt Road, Bourne, Lincolnshire, PE10 9LA is the controller and responsible for your personal data.
Our Websites may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect and process the following personal data about you:
- Information you give us.
This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our Websites or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you use our “contact us” form, request a call-back, or request a brochure. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number and any other information you include in our message fields.
- Information we collect about you.
With regard to each of your visits to our Websites we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our Websites (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
HOW WE MAKE USE OF THE INFORMATION
We will only use your personal information when the law allows us to.
We need all the information we collect from you primarily to pursue legitimate interests of our own (or those of third parties), provided your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests. These legitimate interests are discussed below.
In some cases we may use your personal information to allow us to perform a contract with you and to enable us to comply with legal obligations.
We may also use your personal information in the following situations, which are likely to be rare:
- Where we need to protect your interests (or someone else's interests).
- Where it is needed in the public interest or for official purposes.
The situations in which we will process your personal information
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us and to carry out our obligations arising from the contract entered into between you and us (if any);
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permitted selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have explicitly consented to this;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our Websites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our Websites and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our Websites to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our Websites safe and secure; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Websites about goods or services that may interest you or them.
If you fail to provide personal information
If you fail to provide certain information when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have entered into with you, or we may be prevented from complying with our legal obligations.
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us on the details below.
If we need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal information without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
WHEN WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may have to share your data with third parties. We require third parties to respect the security of your data and to treat it in accordance with the law. If we do, you can expect a similar degree of protection in respect of your personal information.
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with selected third parties including:
- dealers, business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Websites;
- credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
All our third-party service providers are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your personal information in line with our policies. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes. We only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We will also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If OPICO Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of sale and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of OPICO Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Websites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case we may use such information without further notice to you.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Your duty to inform us of changes
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes at any point in the future.
Your rights in connection with personal information
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Access. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Rectification. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Erasure. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it.
- Object. This enables you to object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Restrict Processing. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Data Portability. This enables you to request the transfer of your personal information to another party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please contact our data privacy manager in writing on the details below.
No fee usually required
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
What we may need from you
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Time limit to respond
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
Right to withdraw consent
In the limited circumstances where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. To withdraw your consent, please contact our data privacy manager on the details below. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
Our Websites may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites we operate, or the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Automated decision-making takes place when an electronic system uses personal information to make a decision without human intervention. We are allowed to use automated decision-making in the following circumstances:
- Where we have notified you of the decision and given you 21 days to request a reconsideration.
- Where it is necessary to perform the contract with you and appropriate measures are in place to safeguard your rights.
- In limited circumstances, with your explicit written consent and where appropriate measures are in place to safeguard your rights.
You will not be subject to decisions that will have a significant impact on you based solely on automated decision-making, unless we have a lawful basis for doing so and we have notified you. We do not envisage that any decisions will be taken about you using automated means, however we will notify you in writing if this position changes.
DATA PRIVACY MANAGER
Data Privacy Manager
Cherry Holt Road