Now is a good time to start thinking about getting your Strautmann Forage Wagon ready to perform at its best this upcoming silage season.
Your local Strautmann dealer’s service engineer is trained to check over and calibrate your machine for the best performance. However, we’ve put together a list of some essential checks for your Strautmann forage wagon that you might like to run through.
- Check the PTO shaft for wear and that safety guards are in place
- Check the hitch point for wear
- Check all operations of the machine to make sure they all function correctly
- Check knives for wear and damage (sharpen or replace as required)
- Check the knife protection system for correct operation
- Check all oil levels (recommended to change annually)
- Check the transport floor chains for tension (adjust as required)
- Check tyres and braking system
- Check lights
- Clean the machine and grease
If you’re looking to replace your knives, the enclosed flyer shows why genuine Strautmann parts are the most cost effective and reliable option. There are some excellent deals on genuine Strautmann parts to be had through your local dealer for a limited period and if not already in stock, your local Strautmann dealer will be able to order them in for you.